Sunday, December 1, 2013

Ultra light indoor model aircraft

It has been two years only from the last time I tried to make a ultra-light indoor model aircraft, but there is a considerable progress and advancement in miniature electronic devices. In International Model Exhibition of Beijing in 2008 one kinds of 2g Power Group Set attracted my attention which includes a brushless motor, monotonous, 4 channel receiver, two servos, 300mAh lithium polymer battery (monomer) and direct-drive small propeller. Because its motor weighs only 2g, it is named 2g 2g Power Group Set. The greatest feature of this set is that its receiver can use lithium-polymer battery(Voltage is about 3.7V) as power source. I immediately bought a set shot because of its excellent performance hoping to make a better model ultralight aircraft.

How to create a ultra light model airplanes that is full of personality? I cannot help thinking about “Bee Movie” a 3D cartoon launched by American Dream Works. In the very popular animated film, a small yellow airplane attracted my attention deeply using its bright colors and very cute style. From then on, to own this airplane become my dream. So, I prepare to copy a ultralight aircraft model according to the yellow small aircraft in the movie. I do not know the specific size of the airplane but I can get its wingspan, chord, full-length, the last arm and other parameters’proportional relationship that closely related with aircraft’s performance through its shot photos in different angles and perspective relationship and calculating.
However, it is not easy to make a ultralight aircraft model with the small yellow airplane’s structure and layout. I prepare to do it by three stages. The problem that must be solved at first is that: How large and how heavy model airplanes are suitable for 2g power group set? I tried making a small size model with foam wings to determine the model's feet.
I would like to detail how to determine the size of a model airplane, see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment