Sunday, December 8, 2013

Perfect Art Tech 400 Class Falcon CCPM

It is a perfect 3D 400 Class Falcon CCPM for beginners. 
The helicopter looks really nice with its red, white and blue canopy. This is a 400 size helicopter with a 45 degree flybar that offers the agility of a CCPM helicopter. The leading gear is sturdy and attaches directly to the frame. The user manual is well written and isn’t written in Chinglish! Also included in the box is a CD containing simulator software. You also get a simulator cable that plugs into the transmitter. These is also a transmitter manual and simulator. The heli manual contain an exploded diagram and disassembly instructions as well as a full parts lists. The battery tray is part of frame and limits your battery choices to batteries that are 1/4 inches wide or less. You can go taller and longer but no more width! The battery weighs 101 grams. I have a 25C, 1500mah battery that fits in the tray and weighs 134 grams. Since the stock motor is brushed, I’ll have to stick with slightly shorter flights.
400_class_falcon_ccpm
Highlights: 400 Class Falcon CCPM Heli Perfect 400class 3D helicopter for the beginners and intermediate pilots due to CCPM mode. Specifications: Easy to control and capable of all 3D maneuvers due to CCPM mode Durable and convenient for disassembly Awesome look and style with silk screen printing on the canopy and main blade 2.4GHz System
art-tech_falcon_ccpm
My actual first thought was, “Wow”! I mean, I’ve owned three or four 6 channel CCPM helicopters and I was always terrified to spool them up in the house and even attempt a hover. Without doing anything I plugged in the battery and spooled the Falcon up. Seconds latter, it was floating in my small upstairs office. Don’t get me wrong, I was fighting it. The helicopter was not at all trimmed out, so I only hovered it for about 20-30 secondes before bring it down safely. Although the heli packaged and looked beautiful, I was expecting to be the setup right out of the box. It is, after all, a “beginner helicopter”. It would be nice if the heli flaw tamely, right out of the box. Not the case here. The first thing I noticed is a wing right in the tail. Even with full left trim I was constantly correcting the rudder. I had to adjust the rudder servo and tail slider length to get the tail to hold with no transmitter trim. These was also a slight backwards drift. It is really an excellent helicopter. Don’t hesitate to get it home from rctophobby.com

No comments:

Post a Comment